SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
This social media toolkit was developed by AFTA’s Communications Working Group to help you use the campaign for Community Led Campuses to organize where you are and grow the movement nationally. If all of us reach out to our networks we can build a powerful community of academic workers, grow our capacity for collective action, and win the community led campuses we all deserve!
SOCIAL MEDIA OUTREACH
- Tag @AFTacademics, we’ll boost your post!
- Include one or more of the recommended hashtags in each post
- Include a graphic, photo, or gif (you can use graphics on this page in your posts!)
- Personalize your posts (“I joined the union because…”)
- Make a strong ask (“Share your story!”)
HASHTAGS TO USE
- What challenges are you facing returning to school?
- What are some challenges specific to your job title?
- What does “community led campus” mean to you?
- If your campus was community led, what changes would you want to make?
- We need a national higher-ed labor movement because…
- I became a union member with AFTA because…
- Ask folks to share their story with our survey
- How has your institution has handled the pandemic?
- What issues are new, what issues already existed?
- Post news and articles about higher-ed, organizing, COVID-19, etc.
- Post a picture of your daily work or the space you’re using as a home office/lab/classroom
- Post a picture wearing your union button or a mask, with your bookshelf, etc.
- Make memes to share here
ACCOUNTS TO TAG
TWITTER POST GRAPHICS
Save these graphics to your phone or computer to use them as part of your organizing outreach posts!
Click to add a frame to your Facebook profile picture! These frames will be available starting Wednesday, August 26th.